Just Because Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Feeling Old!!




I don't know if y'all know this but my husband loves old school rap. The underground stuff- not the catchy stuff we used to listen to in high school, or what's played on 92.5. Q-Tip from a Tribe Called Quest was at the Gallivan Center last night and Nick wanted to go. I was up for going- something to do instead of sitting on the couch, sounded nice. We arrived downtown- and there were a few hundred people- not too many- not too crowded. It was nice- good people watching, but then the crowds started arriving, and my personal space was being crowded and it hit me- we are old!!- look at all these young things walking around in their "coolest urban attire", getting as close to the stage and the speakers as they could- wearing high heels and standing for hours on end. I used to be one of those girls- going to concerts- hanging with the crowd- not caring how loud, the music was, and how close people were standing next to me- feeling that vibrating rhythm resonate through my bones. What happened to me?? I am tired of standing, I am sick of cigarette smoke wafting around me, my head feels as though it is going to break open, and if one more person bumps into me, I might scream! At what point do we cross that line and become our parents?? Actually, I don't think either of my parents would be caught dead at a rap concert- but you know what I mean. When do our insides and our brains decide, Damn! I am too old for this!? I was glad we went, it was fun, but my aching head, pounding ears and bloodshot eyes this morning made me think- Wow, I can't deny it anymore- I am old!!

Lara

1 Comments:

Blogger chipsgirls said...

At least when we were there in high school we were in some nice comfortable hiking boots and a comfy flannel shirt!!! I am so my mom sometimes it is ridiculous.

August 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home