Just Because Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Very Own Bike!!





I remember long ago, I was more than ecstatic one sunny afternoon in September for two reasons it was my 12th birthday- and my mom had taken me out of school to go get my "surprise" birthday present. I sat in the back seat of the station wagon watching the cars go by, thinking- "I can't believe I am finally going to get my very own bike. I won't have to ride one of my brothers anymore! what color did I want- red, no blue- hmmm why are we stopping at music store? Well, my mom must need some music or something." As we walked in the doors, I saw my violin teacher there smiling brightly- Well, this is a weird coincidence. Then I saw behind her a table with a green velvet cloth and three violins laying on it, and then my mom so excited saying- you are getting a new violin! What OH no!! A new violin- my old one is just fine!! Anyways, After that day- I think I gave up on the thought of ever having a new bike- but then 2009 came along and my cute husband said- you deserve a bike- let's go get you one. And here it is. It's perfect- I don't have to lean over to the handlebars- they come up to me. I can wear a skirt while riding- since they are my summer staple, I can even ride in my flip flops! Sorry, for bragging to you all, but I was just so excited about it. Anybody, want to go on a ride with me? Lara

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Hooray! I want to go on a ride. I am so happy you finally got your bike. I remember that birthday. I felt so bad for you especially because back then I thought musical instruments were a curse. You deserve it! "Bi-cycle! Bi- cycle! I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like." -Queen

July 23, 2009 at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home